Saturday 29 December 2012

Merry Christmas to all...


Whether you celebrate Christmas for religious reasons (as I do) or for the presents or if you do not celebrate at all, I sincerely hope you have all had a very happy holiday.

I have truly had an amazing time, which was filled with laughs, food, wine, presents and more food.

Christmas breakfast consisted of a traditional Jamaican meal. Ackee & Saltfish, fried breadfruit and plantain and bread and butter. Amazing. Dinner made my tastebuds dance even more as I was literally overwhelmed by the choice. I filled my plate with turkey, lamb, pork and fried chicken before piling on rice and peas, salad which included avocado and homemade coleslaw, roastie, and veg. I was so impressed that I became one of those annoying people who uploaded a picture via instagram to facebook and twitter. It just had to be done. I then fell asleep before waking up to watch the soaps and eating cake and a prawn salad. My food baby looked 7 months gone.


Boxing day, leftovers for breakfast then I ventured into town to look in the sales, Walsall was the less busy alternative and I managed to purchase a couple tops and a skirt. Shopping done. I got ready for a black comedy show that literally had me crying with laughter. I've never been to a race specific show before but the jokes were so funny because it was mocking the stereotypes we have of each other. Hilare.

I did the usual visit family thing that we all feel obliged to do even more so at Christmas and played Snakes & Ladders ten times with my nephew who had never played it before. I then headed back to Manchester a day early for me time. Definition being lying down watching iCarly, Victorious and all the things I recorded over the hols.


I write this from my new iPhone (why I've been on the BB hype for so long I do not know) enjoying the rest of me time as I am back in work tomorrow.

So the last thing to do is wish you all a very happy new year...

X






No comments:

Post a Comment