Wednesday 13 February 2013

My First Time... At Blackpool Pleasure Beach

I have been to the capital of hen and stag dos many times. University friends live there so I have made numerous visits, but of all the trips I have taken up north I have never had the chance to go to the pleasure beach. So this was my first time. Excitement. Nerves. Excitement.

I dislike rides. I really do. The stomach in your mouth feeling you get when you drop at what feels like the speed of light is nearly enough to make me sick. The moment I get of though. I get an amazing buzz, plus there were small children who barely hit the height line and were going for it. When in Rome.



After going on most of the rides, The Big One aka Pepsi Max being the worst stomach churner, I stuffed my face with an unnecessary amount of food and rock before heading to what can only described as one of the most heart racing moments of my life. Pasaje Del Terror. I hate the dark. So being in the dark, being chased by all the scary characters from movies I have avoided because they are scary had me so close to peeing my pants as I didn't know what was coming next. I may have taken the when in Rome saying a bit too far.

Then onto the arcade, where my friends and I spent quite a bit of money winning tickets to exchange for Spongebob mugs. 



That was my weekend. My aim of being dead skinny is getting further away as I have yet to weigh myself in 5 days which is breaking the norm for me. I will do tomorrow though. Two months and counting until the wedding and I want to look amazing in my bridesmaid dress, I am refusing to eat out at work and I am also giving up fizzy drinks for lent.

How was your weekend? Have you had any firsts lately? What have you given up anything for lent?

x






No comments:

Post a Comment